Wednesday, January 26, 2011

French Label Table

Wendy and I picked up this neat little table at a used furniture store. It was in pretty bad condition, but had a great shape to it....Why is it that you always remember to take the before picture AFTER you've worked on something?!

I painted the table a creamy white...

 
 
I wanted to add something special to this table so I found a vintage chocolate label from the graphics fairy. I enlarged the image in Word and then printed it out. I traced over the opposite side of the image using a pencil. Then I taped the image right side up to the table and scribbled over the image with the pencil. This transfered the pencil tracing to the table top.
 



I then used a small paint brush and black paint to fill in the transfered image. That left me with this result. Very cute!


I added a french-looking stencil to the bottom shelf then distressed the whole table using 100-grit sandpaper.


Finally, I stained the table using Minwax dark walnut stain. I always recommend stain because it enhances the distressing and ages a piece perfectly. It looks just like it came right out of a french store!


P.S. Check out this post and this post for some more fun tables!

giveaways




Domestically Speaking



Photobucket





Designer Garden Party

30 comments:

  1. ok...while I (of course) love all of your pieces, this has to be my all time favorite! It has such character! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. What a great idea adding the graphics. Thanks so much for coming by. Love the piece you did in the post below this one, too. Love to have you join my linky party going on now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-- I love how this table turned out!!!Thanks for sharing,
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came over from Transformation Thursday, Love, Love this table, what a great idea!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's just darling. Congrats on the lettering. It's tedious, isn't it? But well worth the time and effort. Just lovely.

    Please join us this weekend at Passion for Paint and link up your project! Links open Friday night @ 6 pm PST.

    http://MuralMaker1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! lol that is all I can say :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this EXACT table in my home. Mine is painted white and you inspired me to do something like this with mine. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous, I love it:-)
    Hugs,Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your little table, and your blog. I am now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found you by clicking the link button, am now a follower too! Thought you explained your how too really clearly thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've inspired me - which, according to my hubby can be a not-so-good thing - but he's just gonna have to learn to deal. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  12. THE TABLE TURNED OUT BEAUTIFUL LOVE THE GRAPHICS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your little table turned out soo cute. Your right it looks like it came right out of a french store. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Screaming beautiful!!!!!LOVE IT. Good job girl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic! It looks amazing. I love the graphic you picked, I love the graphics fairy! Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your table is fantastic. Great idea! Great job!
    Best,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh WOW this is GORGEOUS !
    I would love if you link this to the French Obsession on Feb 1st ! People would adore it !
    XO
    Frenchy
    http://lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. AMAZING! Absolutely INCREDIBLE! Please please link this up at my party! I'd love to highlight this next week! And I am so stealing this idea =)

    http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/01/vip-party-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is beautiful, makes me want to run out and shop CL, of course if you saw my house, i have no room!

    please to my party next wednesday.

    http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!! You did a beautiful job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This turned out so cute! I love using that transfer method for painting too. :)
    I'd like to invite you to link this up to my first link party- Transformations & Treasures this next Wed!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous transformation - great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You created a wonderful new piece!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wanted to let you know I'll be highlightting your amazing project over on my blog tomorrow =)

    www.designergarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this table. Thanks for explaining how you did the image, I have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this table. I am about to redo a table of mine and I am SUPER nervous. I don't know much about stain and paint :/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Holy guacamole that's gorgeous!!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I saw your feature at "The Shabby Nest" and had to come by to check it out. You did an incredibly beautiful job with the table, and in particular with the image transfer -- so intricate and so well done!

    Happy to be a new follower,
    Jenn/Rook No. 17

    ReplyDelete