Thursday, February 3, 2011

Vanity/Desk Redo

Wendy and I picked up this great desk (I call it)/ vanity (she calls it). It has gorgeous lines and is made with such quality. It's one of those pieces you get even more excited about buying the more you look at it.
I sort of remembered to take a before picture!
Here is the desk...

I dry brushed the desk with our favorite creamy white (coastal biege by Behr). Then I dry brushed the desk with "Light French Gray" also by Behr. I was getting that "coastally" vibe from it, but I really wasn't feeling the top. I was really seeing the top a dark stain to compliment the rest and richen it up. But, I had already painted it. So what's a girl to do? Well, experiment of course!! I heavily sanded the top layer of paint down leaving a decent amount. Then I stained the top, right over the paint. I applied 3 coats of stain and then allowed to dry for about 4 days. I LOVED the outcome! It had the richness of the stain, but had the character of the paint underneath for some added fun!

Happy Experimenting Everyone!


giveaways

5 comments:

  1. I got a free desk similar to that for my son's room. I love the color you painted it! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT TURNED OUT BEAUTIFUL. LOVE THE COLOR AND THE SHAPE OF THE DESK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love the color that you went with...looks outstanding.
    I have a weekly linky party called NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS…would love to have you come by and join in on the fun…also having a GIVEAWAY going on…it’s a $65 gift card and some goodies from me!
    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI I LOVE YOUR BLOG AND IVE AWARDED YOU THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD. STOP BY CHECK OUT THE AWARD IM GIVING YOU

    LAUREN

    ReplyDelete